At Rich’s Appliance Repair we offer the best repair services for most major household appliances. When you notice your appliance struggling to perform basic functions, call the professionals. With years of experience and in depth knowledge of household appliances you couldn’t ask for a better appliance doctor.
We offer repair for all major household appliances, such as:
- Washer & dryer repair
- Dishwasher repair
- Sink disposal repair (garbage disposal repair)
- Oven repair
- Refrigerator repair service
- And all major household appliances
In addition to fixing issues with appliances, we believe in educating our customers. When you understand the way your appliance works, you understand how to take care of it. That’s why we educate our customers with proper care and maintenance tips to help elongate the life of your appliance(s). Here are some tips for proper appliance maintenance for common household appliances.
Caution!: Before working on any major household appliance, remember to ALWAYS unplug or turn off your circuit breaker!
Fridge not cooling
If you notice your fridge getting warm or not staying as cold as before, try these simple tricks:
- Check the thermostat to ensure your fridge and freezer are at the preferred settings. We sell thermostats!
- Check the outlet to ensure the cord is completely plugged in, and to ensure the breaker hasn’t tripped.
- Check the coils at the bottom of your fridge for any dust and/or pet hair. Keeping the coils clean will help your refrigerator stay cooler, longer.
Burner won’t light on gas stove
If your burner is having trouble lighting or won’t light at all, try these basic tips:
- Keep your stove top clean and clear of dried food – When cooking, food can often spill down under the burner, keeping your cooktop from igniting. Use a toothpick or soft bristled brush to clean the orifice (usually found on the stove top center of the burner).
- Check the ceramic seal strike plate to ensure it is properly seated over the burner.
Electric stove not working
If your notice your electric stove burner not heating or not getting as hot as it once did, check the prongs:
- Turn off your stove, or unplug for increased safety, and check the burner prongs. Make sure the burner prongs are the appropriate width apart to properly create an electrical connection. If no connection can be made, try (gently) spreading the prongs slightly outward to create a tighter connection. You may need to replace the receptacles to each burner over time.
Loud washing machine
If your washing machine makes quite the ruckus during a spin cycle or you hear a loud thump, try these tricks to quiet a loud washer:
- Make sure your load of laundry is balanced. Try to evenly spread the clothes around the agitator (if applicable). If no agitator is present, try to even out the weight of the load. For example: If doing a load of towels, try to break it up in separate loads by subbing in t-shirts to balance out the weight.
- After loading your laundry, before pressing the “start” button, make sure the washing machine is level. Get a leveler and make sure your washer is level. If washer is not level, gently adjust the front legs up or down, using a screw driver, until your washer is level. Be sure to tighten the locking nut on each leg. To adjust the back legs, gently lean the machine forward and lower it, this should allow the rear legs to self-adjust.
Dryer not drying
If you notice your dryer not drying your clothes, or taking longer to dry a normal load, try these maintenance tips:
- Always! Clean the lint filer after every load. If your lint filter is clogged with film it can reduce the airflow and force the thermostat to turn off, leaving you with wet clothes.
- Check the dryer settings. All too often, in our busy schedules, we can overlook the dryer settings when putting clothes in the dryer and pressing start. If your dryer setting is set to a cool setting, such as “fluff-air”, this will fluff your clothes rather than dry them.
- Lastly, check the outside dryer vent for any built up lent. If there is no air flow, the vent may be plugged. If this is the case, give us a call! We can help to resolve this issue or recommend someone to fix your issue.
For more maintenance tips or to schedule your appliance repair today, contact us at 208-459-9267. We will get your appliance working in no time!